I just installed an 80GB SSD in my DX58SO , extreme system today. It's not showing up in " my computer " Below are the symptoms and what I have checked. Hopefully someone here has experienced this before.
1) Drive does not show up in " my computer ".
2) Shows up in " device manager ", says it's working ok.
3) Went to Bios " drive configuration " , shows SSD in SATA Port 4.
4) I booted the system with S.M.A.R.T. enabled and disabled, no help .
5) the system is a week or so old and everything else about this system is and has been working just fine from the very begining.
6) My C drive installed is a 1 TB WD and works just fine.
That's about the " whole story " . At this point I've run out of ideas. I can't see swapping out the drive because all checks say it's ok, it just isn't showing up in " my computer " , it seems to me it's not the fault of the drive, considering everything else ( bios etc ) says it's installed and working properly . One last thing I'll check is the order that the drives are installed in the ports.
|Budget:N/A||VGA:ATI quad card||Monitor:22 inch LCD
|CPU:Intel Extreme||Sound:N/A||CPU Pps:Track stocks
|Memory:3||PSU:650 Watt Antec||Brand:Intel
|HD:1TB wd installed in C||Cooling:Stock, fans.||Misc:new system, works great !