Chat Room Rules
Please follow these rules when participating in the EggXpert chat room.
- Be polite, respectful and courteous when chatting with your fellow EggXperts.
- Remain civil at all times.
- Listen to chat room moderators (their names have a hammer next to them).
- Assist others with technical support questions to the best of your ability.
Please Do Not:
- Insult, disrespect, harass or attack other users.
- Impair other users' chat sessions in any way, such as pinging their IP addresses or spamming/scrolling.
- Use profanity, racial slurs or any derogatory or insulting term.
- Attempt to circumvent the chat room profanity filter.
- Discuss racist, hateful, sexual, vulgar or offensive topics.
- Discuss illegal activities of any kind, including drug use, theft, etc.
- Link to, discuss or recommend illegal sites and downloads (via torrent, warez, etc.), activities or methods.
- Link to pornography or nudity.
- Spam or deliberately post advertisements.
- Impersonate other users or use more than one login/username per session.
- Provide personal information; there are many dangers associated with revealing personal information in a public chat room.
- Use any other language besides English.
- Post any links that, when clicked, will kick other users from the room (Any users caught doing this will be banned).
- Use excessively large or small fonts, distracting font colors, or TYPE IN ALL CAPS.
Violating any of these rules, or behaving in any manner that the chat room moderators deem unacceptable - even if it is not yet specifically stated above - may result in a 24-hour or permanent ban from the chat room, as well as other disciplinary measures.
Those who are caught creating multiple accounts in order to bypass bans from the chat room will have their additional accounts deleted, and may be subject to a permanent ban from the community as a whole.
If you experience any problems using our chat interface, please contact an Administrator (wyldstallyn or NHMdesigns).
PLEASE NOTE: the EggXpert Chat room is provided for general discussion, good will and voluntary technical assistance only. For assistance with Newegg-related issues such as web site navigation, ordering, or RMA (return) help, please contact Newegg Customer Service.
We reserve the right to update or change these rules at any time without notice.