[Had to repost this topic; realized that the main link was private, XD]
Hello to all, I'm
quite new to the PC building scene and also this EggXpert forum. I've
been meaning to get into PC-gaming for quite some time now, but I've
never actually had the confidence to attempt my own build. After
reading up on guides and watching Newegg's excellent 3-part video
series, I've decided to take the plunge and would like some guidance
with potential parts.
Here are my current selections;
Case: Rosewill Blackhawk
Mobo: Asus P8Z68-V OR ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 [<Suggestions on this issue would be great! :-D]
Video Card: Sapphire 100314-3L Radeon HD 6870
PSU: Rosewill Hive Series HIVE-750
CPU: Intel Core i7-2600 Sandy Bridge
RAM: Corsair 8GB
HDD: Seagate Barracuda ST500DM002
Optical Drive: Asus 24X DVD Burner
Wireless Adapter: Rosewill RNX-G1
I have a few questions pertaining to this build though;
1) Is everything compatible? I'm fairly certain they are, but a guy can't be too sure! :-D
I can't really decide between the Intel Core i5  or the i7
. I'd primarily be using this PC for gaming, general browsing,
word-processing, and HD video-editing. Any recommendations?
3) Are there any suggestions for swapping out parts with others?
4) Am I missing anything significant? [Besides the monitor, mouse, and keyboard of course. ^_^]
5) Any help with the motherboards?; I'm hesitant on the ASUS because of the largely negative experiences with them, but they balance out with positive ones. Curious about ASRock as a brand as well.
6) If a something is defective, are there any popular troubleshooting steps to figure out which specific part of a build is defective?
That's it for me at the moment, and thank you for reading through this drivel; your time is much appreciated!